Haven’t written in a while because my life has been chaotic and somewhat hectic. And instead of painting and blogging, I’ve been spending my time in Azeroth again, because Garrosh needs his face stomped. That’s reason enough, right?
But seriously, I’ve been having some stressful shit going on in regards to my career and decisions that I may have to make soon. I am feeling like I have no choice but to stay in my current situation because I cannot afford to remove myself from it. I found a place that seemed really promising, but I don’t think I’ll be able to afford to support it. Making enough $ to make it month to month is already iffy, but gathering nearly $1,600 before January and then enough to pay that place’s rent and my own bills is too risky. That being said, though, I am going to be doing more work to do more traditional art again. Even if it didn’t make me much money, I enjoyed it and felt that I was happier when I was consistently painting and producing final projects.
I’ve fallen way behind on painting my miniatures. I have figures that I’ve had since before GenCon that I am just now finishing, and a plethora of figures I picked up at the con this year that are just assembled. But, I have a nice chunk of them drying from primer outside right now, so I don’t have an excuse to not paint minis because they’re not primed.
So, I’ve decided to make a solid list with 3 goals in a few areas to try to attain. Without further ado, here is my agenda until the end of 2013
- Paint all minis currently in possession (16 figures, 18 if I include the new MnM figures)
- Finish reading up on and hopefully start a campaign for The One Ring RPG
- Play the games I got for Christmas last year before this Christmas
- Actually put the ideas I’ve had for months to canvas
- Start my BSG character series
- Find a use for these small coffin boxes I’ve been carrying around for years
- Get my weight back in check – I lost focus due to stress, and I can’t do that.
- Enjoy it
- GET MY SHIT TOGETHA’. (i.e. work on my organization)
Its finally starting to feel like fall, and I am enjoying the hell out of it. Sweater weather is my favorite ❤